Many people are looking for definite answers to complicated and often empty questions that will have very little impact on their happiness and well-being.
Sometimes, I get myself all worked up doing this too…
Then there are different kinds of questions! Questions that do not have a right or wrong answer. Questions that free the mind and keep you focused on the right things. Questions that when asked in the right moment, can transform our life more than any enlightening answer we will ever receive.
Here is a list of 30 such Self-Help Questions that are important to ask yourself at least once in a while (especially when you feel like your mind is filled with worries and mundane problems):
1. If you could offer your child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
2. If you could move to any country in the world, where would you go and why?
3. If you didn’t know your age, how old would you say you are?
4. If you are yourself 1 year in the future, what advice would you give yourself today?
5. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like?
6. And why do we like so many things we don’t do?
7. If you had a choice, would you prefer to be alive for 100 years or truly live for 50?
8. If we are making the right choices in life, shouldn’t we feel happy right now, not in some distant future?
9. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
10. If you had to describe your greatest strengths to a complete stranger what would you say?
11. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
12. If you could erase one day from your life, which day would it be?
13. If you had to give thanks to the Universe, what would you feel most grateful for?
14. If you haven’t achieved your dreams yet, what do you have to lose? What are you worried about? And on that note: How often have your greatest fears and worries come true?
15. If you won a lottery, would you quit your job?
16. If your best friend had to describe you, what would they say?
17. If you had a choice, would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
18. If you could leave something magnificent after yourself, what would it be?
19. If you looked back in time, would you feel like you have lived this day a hundred times before?
20. If you could give your family just one gift, what would it be? Is it something they would want more than anything else?
21. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
22. If you knew that nobody would judge you, what would you do differently?
23. If you had a choice would you prefer to have 100 acquaintances or 1 true friend?
24. If you were asked to name 5 things that you love about your life, what would you put on your list? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
25. If you could eliminate the biggest obstacle that is holding you back, what would you choose to let go of?
26. If you had to fit your possessions in the trunk of your car, what would you take with you?
27. If you could choose the date and the place of your birth, where and when would you choose to be born?
28. If you had to go a week without saying a word, who would you want to pass this week with?
29. If time, money or age was not a problem, what would you attempt?
30. If you had to think of 5 people that have had the biggest impact on your life, who would come to mind and why? Have you ever thanked them?
“The key to wisdom is knowing all the right questions.” – John A. Simone
What are your thoughts?