20 Happy Thanksgiving Quotes To Keep Your Spirits High
Have you noticed how much harder it has become to cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? Everyone has preferences these days.
I made a list of the guests that are coming to me for dinner and so far I have: a friend of mine who is lactose intolerant. His girlfriend who is allergic to onions and garlic. Then there is my mom who has to stay away from foods that are high in cholesterol and my aunt, who suspects that she is sensitive to gluten.
And of course there is me – the vegetarian of the family, incapable of appreciating the tender, slowly-cooked turkey that usually crowns any Thanksgiving table.
My husband is going crazy, since he is the one who:
1. eats everything
2. has to help me cook Thanksgiving dinner this year
I mean after you consider the options the only “festive food” we all can share is the cranberry sauce. Everything else has to be modified, de-gluttonized, de-lactosified, de-onionised and de-calorized.
I hope that your Thanksgiving dinner planning is going much smoother. In any case, I thought that I would share a few happy Thanksgiving quotes to help you get into the festive, Thanksgiving mood.
Because at the end of the day, Thanksgiving is not about the food that we put on our table. It is about that warm, fuzzy feeling that spreads through our heart when we are surrounded by people that we love giving thanks for all of our blessings.
20 Happy Thanksgiving Quotes To Keep Your Spirits High:
1. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” ~ William Shakespeare
2. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
3. “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.” ~ Meister Eckhart
4. “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” ~ W.J. Cameron
5. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” ~ W. T. Purkiser
6. “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.” ~ Robert Caspar Lintner
7. “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” ~ Irv Kupcinet
8. “Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” ~ Native American Saying
9. “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” ~ Robert Brault
10. “It is delightfully easy to thank God for the grace we ourselves have received, but it requires great grace to thank God always for the grace given to others.” ~ James Smith
11. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” ~ Cynthia Ozick
12. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melody Beattie
13. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” ~ William Faulkner
14. “He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.”
~ J.A. Shedd
15. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” ~ Ambrose of Milan
16. “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” ~ G. B. Stern
17. “In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
18. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~ Thornton Wilder
19. “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.” ~ Author Unknown
20. “It's like being at the kids' table at Thanksgiving – you can put your elbows on it, you don't have to talk politics… no matter how old I get, there's always a part of me that's sitting there.” ~ John Hughes